"On a good day we offer our client peace of mind.
On a bad day we save them a fortune"
David Crowe is a Certified Master Inspector.
CMI is the highest designation available in the
home inspection industry.
David Crowe has earned the Master Inspector designation from the Home Inspectors of Tennessee Association.
HITA is the only state wide home inspection professional organiaztion in Tennessee.
HITA Master Inspector is the highest designation available.
Why have thousands of home inspection
clients in the Knoxville area
chosen Safety 1st Home Inspection?
1) Experience: Well over a thousand fee paid home inspections completed. I am a current member of Home Inspectors of Tennessee Association and the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. I am also a current member of the board of directors for HITA, Home Inspectors of Tennessee Association, the only state wide home inspection professional organization in Tennessee. When considering a Knoxville home inspector to inspect your property, be sure to ask the inspector about their experience.
2) Trusted: I work for my Knoxville home inspection client, not for their realtor. Home buyers need to know without a doubt that their home inspector has their best interest at heart. Knoxville home buyers need to trust that their home inspector doesn’t have any conflicts of interest, because of a business relationship. I have a great deal of respect for the real estate professionals that refer me to their clients. The agents that I work with understand that my legal and ethical obligation is to my client and their interests. I only ask for and accept referrals from real estate professionals that I trust.
3) Thorough: I don’t rush through my Knoxville home inspection process. I take all the time needed to completely and thoroughly inspect the property. Some home inspectors may “overbook” inspections and have to rush the process to get to the next job. I’m very careful about scheduling all of my Knoxville home inspections so I am sure to have all the time needed to perform a complete and thorough Knoxville home inspection.
4) Timely: I understand the real estate process. I also understand that you need your Knoxville home inspection report quickly. While getting that report to you quickly is important, so is accuracy. I have learned that I produce a much more accurate Knoxville home inspection report for my client when I take the time to return to my office and review my inspection notes and photographs before issuing your Knoxville home inspection report. Your report will be emailed to you usually within just a few hours. Always within 24 hours.
5) Variety of services: Safety 1st Home Inspection offers a full line of Knoxville home inspection services. Buyers general home inspection, Sellers pre-listing home inspection, Mold sampling and inspection, Radon testing, Lead paint testing, New home builder’s warranty inspections, Maintenance inspection, Light commercial and apartment inspections.
6) Value: You may be able to find a cheaper Knoxville home inspection, but you can’t find a better Knoxville home inspection for the price. Warren Buffet said, “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” You can certainly pay less, but your value will be far less as well.
7) Honest: This you don’t pay for. My honesty is a value added benefit when you purchase a Knoxville home inspection from Safety 1st Home Inspection. Actually my honesty is a value added benefit when you deal with me, regardless of whether you hire me to perform your Knoxville home inspection or not. Talk about value.
Don't let a less experienced
Knoxville home inspector miss a serious issue
that could cost you money!
KNOXVILLE HOME INSPECTOR, KNOXVILLE HOME INSPECTION, KNOXVILLE MOLD INSPECTION, KNOXVILLE RADON SAMPLING
Buying a new home is large investment for your family, and its a decision that will affect you for years to come. The process can be extremely stressful and confusing. And of course, there is always considerable risk involved when making such a large purchase decision. A professional home inspection will significantly reduce your risk and help make the entire home buying process easier and less stressful. We really enjoy helping our clients in this process. Customer service is our highest priority.
We strongly encourage all of our Knoxville home inspection clients to meet us at the inspection. You should feel free to ask any questions you may have. The home inspector will point out problems and explain them to you. The home inspector will also show you the good points of the house as well. Plus, we will explain what routine maintenance is needed to keep the house in top condition. This will help you to get the most benefit from your Knoxville home inspection and gain the most understanding of the systems that make up your home, and how to maintain it.
You'll get a comprehensive report that is easy to understand. Everything identified during the inspection will be included in the report.
Armed with the information your report will provide, you can make your decision with confidence.
Knoxville Home Inspection Service: Protecting the Home Buyer
When you're looking at a prospective home, it may seem to be just what you're looking for, but you'll need to consider potentially serious unknown defects. Plumbing, electrical wiring, appliances and roofing are just a few things. How can you be sure they're all in working order or in good condition? You don't want to buy a home that may have problems or leave you only regretting your purchase later on. This is where a Knoxville home inspection proves to be invaluable. Not only does a home inspection provide peace of mind (in terms of letting you know that everything in your prospective home is in working order), but it may be required by your lending institution before they'll give you a mortgage. This is where a qualified Knoxville home inspection service comes in.
A Knoxville home inspection service can’t guarantee that everything is in perfect condition with the house, but we can pinpoint problems that you need to be aware of before making your final decision. If there are problems, you'll have the option of asking the seller to make the necessary repairs, reduce the price of the home, or some other contingency that both you and the seller agree to. If the current homeowner isn't agreeable to making any concessions on the repairs, you have the option to decide if you want to handle the added expense yourself. Just be aware that if the problem is significant, your lending institution may not approve your loan until the repairs are made and the home is reinspected.
Knoxville Home Inspection Service: Taking the Fear out of the Process
You may be apprehensive about a home inspection, not knowing what's involved. An inspection by a Knoxville home inspection service is really a painless process that protects you and your hard earned home investment dollars. If you were to purchase a home by sight alone, you could be buying into a lot of problems. It's easy to fall in love with a house, but you must be patient and smart before making a huge financial commitment. Home buying is one place where you don't want impulse buying to take over. That’s why it's best to enter the home buying process with an objective mind and to wait until the Knoxville home inspection service renders a decision on the property.
The Knoxville home inspection service will provide an in depth and impartial look at the property you plan to buy. The inspector will assess the condition of the home and identify problems and areas where repairs are needed or may be needed in the near future. We know your time is valuable, so we recommend that you meet with the inspector near the end of the inspection. The inspector can point out first hand any problems that exist and areas that might pose a future problem. It’s also useful for you to walk through the inspection with the Knoxville home inspection service, because they can provide you with some helpful tips on operating some of the systems in the home.
Knoxville Home Inspection Service: The Home Inspection Process
A home inspection takes about three hours, but it can vary by the size and complexity of the house. The inspection usually starts with the exterior of the home. The foundation should be free of any large vertical cracks or crumbling material, and there should be no evidence of poor drainage. The siding and trim should be in good condition and windows should fit snuggly. There should be no holes or debris in the gutters or downspouts. The Knoxville home inspection service will visually inspect the roof for loose shingles or tiles, and make sure that any chimneys or vents are well sealed. Later, an inspection of the attic will be performed to check for leaks.
The Knoxville home inspection service will then move inside to check the systems of the home. This includes heating and cooling, plumbing and electrical systems. Problems with any of these components are often not visible and most home buyers would have no idea if any of these systems were working properly or not. A Knoxville home inspection service can save you literally thousands in potential repairs.
The inspector will check the kitchen appliances to make sure they are in good working order. The inspector will even evaluate the cabinets to make sure that door hinges are secured and that drawers glide smoothly. The inspector will inspect the home’s insulation to make certain that the house is well insulated. Exterior doors and windows will be checked to make certain they have proper weather stripping.
Knoxville Home Inspection Service: A Necessary Part of any Home Purchase
Once the home inspector has completed the job, any findings will be shown to you with a detailed written report. If any major problems are found, you will then have the chance to, with the guidance of your real estate professional, neg otiate a solution with the seller or back out of the purchase all together. Your Knoxville home inspection report will give you some leverage in renegotiating the home’s asking price.
The home inspection is a very necessary part of any home purchase. The fee to hire our Knoxville home inspection service is small compared to the thousands of dollars you can save in repairs. Buying a home is probably the biggest purchase you will ever make. Let our Knoxville home inspection service help you make the right choice.
Current Conditions at
Other Weather Stats
Next page: About Our Company